Community Development Department
The mission of the Community Development Department is to deliver services, projects and programs that provide a safe, connected, environmentally-focused and high quality of life in El Cerrito. The Department achieves this mission through planning and implementing programs and private and public development projects that promote community, environmental quality and economic vitality.
Department OverviewThe Community Development Department provides the community with innovative and practical solutions to enhance a prosperous, healthy and sustainable city through the following divisions and programs:
- Affordable Housing: high quality affordable housing development; affordable housing opportunities; housing policy and programs.
- Building: plan review and inspection services; community outreach and education; enforcement of State building regulations.
- Code Enforcement: ensure that building and zoning ordinances are followed by responding to citizen complaints and proactively investigating violations.
- Economic Development: development services; job creation; private investment and small business support.
- Planning: development review process; City codes, plans and regulations; long-range planning efforts.
El Cerrito Homeowner's Workshop Series Presents:
The Brace and Bolt Earthquake Preparedness Workshop
Thursday, January 11, 2018
El Cerrito City Council Chambers
10890 San Pablo Avenue
El Cerrito, CA 94530
Learn about the importance of earthquake retrofitting for single-family homes and duplexes, including measures that can be taken to make your living space more safe. This workshop will cover the State Earthquake Brace and Bolt program, how to select a contractor, and the permit process. This workshop is being offered by the City's Development Services Division.
To register, contact Jennifer Peat in the Community Development Department at 215-4362 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Note: This is a repeat of the workshop that was held on October 26, 2017