Public Tree and Shrub Ordinance
City Staff has been working with the El Cerrito Urban Forest Committee to improve the existing El Cerrito municipal code language around trees and shrubs in public places. The City has drafted an updated and expanded ordinance that is intended to establish clear guidelines for the planting, maintenance, and removal of trees and shrubs in the public right-of-way, parks, and other public spaces and right-of-ways, including planting strips. This ordinance would serve to improve the health of El Cerrito’s Urban Forest and would also meet a prerequisite standard for the City to receive the Tree City USA designation.
Draft Tree and Shrub Ordinance
January 7, 2019 - Public Meeting hosted by the Urban Forest Committee
El Cerrito City Hall, Council Chambers, 7pm - 9pm
- Hear presentation on the Public Draft of the Tree and Shrub Ordinance and related draft administrative documents related to the ordinance, discuss topics, and provide input.
- If you wish to provide written comments on the Public Draft prior to the Urban Forest Committee meeting on January 7, please send comments by January 3, 2019 to Will Provost, Management Analyst, at (510) 525-7622 or email@example.com.
Tentative: March 5, 2019 –Public Hearing Considering Ordinance Adoption
El Cerrito City Hall, Council Chambers, Council Meeting begins at 7pm
- City staff anticipate holding a public hearing for City Council to consider adoption of the Final Draft Tree and Shrub Ordinance.
- June 11, 2018 - Urban Forest Committee Meeting
City staff discussed the ordinance revision process and presented a draft of proposed revisions to the ordinance for first review, discussion, and comments.
- November 26, 2018 - Urban Forest Committee Meeting
City staff presented ordinance revisions and the administrative draft for review, discussion, and comments.
For more information, contact Will Provost, Management Analyst, at (510) 525-7622 or firstname.lastname@example.org.