Tennis Courts & Play Fields
please keep in mind that during this time, while the restrooms are being cleaned, the playgrounds and picnic tables are not being cleaned. We ask that you do not use the playgrounds or picnic tables and keep to open areas with social distance to help prevent to spread of covid-19.
Tennis Courts are located at Arlington, Canyon Trail, Castro, Harding, Tassajara and Cerrito Vista parks. The courts at Cerrito Vista have lights for use from sundown to 10:00pm.
Tennis court reservations are issued by the City of El Cerrito Recreation Department by going online to www.el-cerrito.org/onlinereg or at the El Cerrito Community Center. At the time of booking, a reservation receipt will be issued. Please bring reservation receipt with you as proof of priority use of the courts. Proceeds from this program help to resurface and maintain the courts.
|Court Reservation Fee||$9.50/hr||$11.50/hr||$15.50/hr|
|Instructor Permit Cost||$26||$26|
*Tennis Instructors must reserve tennis courts if charging students for private/group lessons. Instructors must obtain a City of El Cerrito business license, Tennis Instructor Permit, and be a USTA or USPTR teaching professional. For more information on obtaining a Tennis Instructor Permit, click here.
Grass Play Fields (primarily for soccer, baseball and/or softball) are located at Canyon Trail, Castro, Central, Cerrito Vista, Fairmont, Harding and Tassajara Parks.
|Field Reservation Fee||$30/hr||$41/hr|
|Cerrito Vista Hardball Field Reservation Fee||$42/hr||$52/hr|
Field reservations are issued by the City of El Cerrito Recreation Department. To apply for a field reservation permit, please complete the Field Rental Application, and submit to the El Cerrito Recreation Department at 7007 Moeser Lane or email@example.com.
Once an application is received, please allow up to two business days for review. Applicants will be notified if their request is approved or if not (in which case alternate fields or times will be offered if possible). If reservation request is approved, applicant will receive a reservation receipt once applicable fees are paid. Please bring receipt with you as proof of priority use of the field. Proceeds from this program help to maintain the fields.
Other Helpful Information
- All reservations are subject to availability. Reservations are allowed Monday through Sunday beginning at Sunup until Sundown (with the exception of Cerrito Vista Tennis Courts).
- All parks are open to the public. Field and tennis court renters do not get exclusive access to the park, only to the specific court or field being reserved.
- Picnic Sites, Clubhouses and other sites are not included in Tennis Court or Field rentals and must be reserved separately.
- Nearby Picnic Areas and Clubhouses may be rented by other parties at the same time as field or tennis court rentals.
- For safety and sanitary reasons, park restrooms are kept locked. To obtain a key, visit the El Cerrito Community or Swim Center and pay the $20 deposit.