Youth Specialty Program Instructors
Have a Skill to Share?
The El Cerrito Recreation Department is looking to offer more classes for our community to enjoy. In order to do so, we need instructors! An instructor can be anyone who has a hobby that they wish to share with others. An instructor can also be any business owner who wants to highlight an area of their expertise while also promoting their business. And of course, an instructor can also be someone who already teaches classes and wants to teach one or two extra classes for the El Cerrito Recreation Department. Those interested in becoming a youth class instructor can contact Recreation Supervisor Taylor Melton at email@example.com.
We are currently accepting proposals for virtual classes as well as limited in-person classes meeting state and county guidelines.
Why Become an Instructor?
- Earn Extra Income: Instructors partner with the Recreation Department as Independent Contractors who charge for services.
- Flexible Schedule: Independent Contractors propose their own schedule of class times.
- Make a Difference: Share your talents with the community's youth and introduce them to fun new projects, skills, or curricula.
- Must be at least 21 years of age
- Must be fingerprinted and pass a criminal background check
- Must have experience working with and/or supervising youth
- Must independently develop session lesson plan and provide all needed equipment/supplies/materials needed for each class
Steps to Becoming an Instructor
- To obtain a Course Proposal Form, email Taylor Melton at firstname.lastname@example.org along with a copy of your resume and brief introduction to your program.
- Schedule a time for a (virtual) meeting and provide professional references.
- If your proposal is approved, you will enter into a contract with the City of El Cerrito and complete the background check process.