Utility User Tax
EBMUD Water Utility User Tax (UUT) Supplemental Billing
Utility User Tax (UUT)On November 2, 2004, voters in the City of El Cerrito reaffirmed City’s Utility User Tax (UUT).
The current tax rate charged to El Cerrito residents is 8% . Services subject to the 8% UUT include electricity, gas, water, video, and telephone, including wireless.
Taxes are collected by utility service providers from their customers and then remitted to the City on a monthly basis.
Additional information on the City of El Cerrito’s UUT can be found in our Cities Municipal Code here
Utility Users Tax Form
Frequently Asked Questions
Read answers to frequently asked questions about the UUT Supplemental Billing below:
- Can I pay my bill for the Water Utility User Tax in cash or give it directly to the City?
- If I have moved during the billing period will I receive another Water UUT bill and am I being billed for time I was not living there?
- The account holder is deceased. Does the estate still need to pay the Water UUT bill?
- Do businesses need to pay the Water UUT bill?
- Can I pay everything in one lump sum and not receive future billings?
- Why is there a difference in the amount I owe from the UUT current charges?
- Whom should I contact if I have a question about my Water Utility User Tax Supplemental Bill?
- Do I need a business license?
- Why did I receive this Utility User Tax Bill?
- Does El Cerrito have a property transfer tax?