Hillside Natural Area Plan
Hillside Natural Area Fire resilience and forest conservation management Plan
The City of El Cerrito is developing the Hillside Natural Area (HNA) Fire Resilience and Forest Conservation Management Plan (Plan). The purpose of the Plan to guide the City’s fire fuel reduction, native forest conservation, and maintenance activities.
The project includes:
- Environmental site analyses
- Community and stakeholder engagement
- California Environmental Quality Act (CEQA) analysis
- Development and recommendation of best management practices
The process will determine the most effective, sustainable, and cost-effective activities to reduce fuels for wildfires and conserve the forest ecosystem. This plan will also acknowledge the value of the trail network to the community and will propose suggestions for access, connectivity, and improved trail quality.
- Fall 2023 – First Community and Stakeholder Meetings. Contribute your vision and goals to the draft Plan.
- The Community meeting will be held at Hana Gardens Senior Center, 10870 San Pablo Ave. on November 15th at 6:30 p.m.
- Winter 2023 – Online Draft Review. Comment on the full draft Plan.
- Spring 2023 – Public Comment Period. Provide feedback on the CEQA documents during a 45-day public comment period.
- Spring 2024 – Second Community and Stakeholder Meetings. Provide final feedback on the full Plan.
When they are available, dates for the second community meeting and online comment periods will appear here. Alternatively, email email@example.com if you would like to be added on a list to get notifications about the project.
Funding provided by: