- Greener El Cerrito
- Get Involved
- El Cerrito Green Teams
El Cerrito Green Teams
The City of El Cerrito Operations + Environmental Services Division and Environmental Quality Committee (EQC) work with interested residents and businesses on environmental quality projects that include, but are not limited to: creek and Greenway cleanups and restoration, community outreach regarding City environmental programs, removing invasive species, and more! To stay up to date on the latest Green Happenings, subscribe to the city's monthly e-newsletter.
Volunteer with El Cerrito's Green Teams
Green Team 2023 Cleanups / Broom Pulls; typically 10am - Noon:
- Jan. 21, Saturday, Hillside Natural Area broom pull
- Jan. 28, Saturday, Creekside Park cleanup
- Feb. 12, Sunday, Hillside Natural Area broom pull
- Mar. 5, Sunday, Baxter Creek Park cleanup (with regular Baxter volunteers)
- Mar. 26, Sunday, Hillside Natural Area broom pull
- Apr. 8, Saturday, Motorcycle Hill broom pull
- Apr. 15, Saturday, Earth Day cleanup at Northern Gateways Park
- Apr. 15, Saturday, Earth Day work party, PG&E site on Moeser
- June 10, Saturday, Northern Gateways Park cleanup
- Aug. 13, Sunday, Creekside Park cleanup
- Sept. 16, Saturday, Coastal Cleanup Day, Baxter Creek Park cleanup
- Oct. 22, Sunday, Northern Gateways Park cleanup
- Dec. 3, Sunday, Baxter Creek Park cleanup (with regular Baxter volunteers)
Please contact the Operations + Environmental Services Division to schedule, book, and/or confirm your volunteer involvement or for general volunteer and/or project information: via email or phone at 510-215-4350.
All participants must complete a Volunteer Registration Form before working.
Volunteer with Friends of Five Creeks
Monthly Work Parties & Tuesday Weed Warriors
Monthly work parties occur between 10:00 am and 12:30 pm on varying Saturdays at various creeks, including Cerrito Creek. On Tuesdays at 10 am, a small group meets at varying restoration sites for a few hours of fun followed by coffee and conversation. All ages welcome. Tools and gloves are provided. Visit Friends of Five Creeks or email them to receive regular announcements.