Monday September 16
Due to maintenance issues, tot splash is cancelled today
splash park still open
For your health and safety authorized by EC Ord 13.32.020
El Cerrito Swim Center General Rules
- Management may eject any persons from the El Cerrito Swim Center who are violating these rules or whose conduct or condition is jeopardizing the health, safety or pleasure of others. (EC Ord. 10.60.010)
- All programs and services must be held in accordance with City policy and procedures.
- Smoking is prohibited in the facility and all City property.
- Glass containers, alcoholic beverages, and illegal drugs are not permitted in the facility.
- Food or drinks are allowed in the facility only in designated areas, including the grass, picnic area and bleachers.
- The City of El Cerrito is not responsible for lost or stolen items.
- Bicycles, skateboards, scooters or other vehicles are not permitted in the facility.
- Persons having currently active diarrhea or who have had active diarrhea within the previous 14 days shall not be allowed to enter the pool water. (CA Code 3120B)
- Patrons should refrain from inappropriate displays of affection in this public, family setting.
- Pets are not allowed. Service animals are allowed on deck but not in the water.
- For the safety and security of all our patrons, use of recorders, cameras, cell phone cameras or any other visual recording devices are not allowed in locker rooms.
- No cell phone usage in locker rooms.
- Inappropriate behavior in the restrooms and showers is prohibited.
- Flotation devices including water wings, padded swimsuits, inner tubes and lifejackets not permitted.
- Children 6 years of age and younger must be accompanied by an adult at all times. Chaperones must wear a swimsuit, accompany the child in the water and remain within arm’s length at all times.
- Children under 12 years of age may not be left unattended in the facility.
- All patrons aged 1 year and older entering the facility must pay.
- Patrons requesting reasonable accommodations within ADA guidelines, please see Aquatic Management staff.
- Non-City employees or contractors cannot provide instruction or other services at the Swim Center.
- Persons with communicable diseases, infections, open sores or wounds will not be allowed in the pool. (Health and Safety Code 7830)
- Any behavior or action deemed unsafe or inappropriate by Aquatic Staff is prohibited.
Water Slide Rules
For your protection, this slide is not recommended for guests with physical limitations imposed by conditions such as: recent surgery or illness, pregnancy, back, neck, bone, or other injury, high blood pressure, heat conditions, extreme obesity as well as other conditions.
- Sliders must be at least 48 inches tall to go down the slide.
- Sliders must weigh less than 300lbs. to use the slide.
- Goggles, masks and eyeglasses must be removed before riding.
- Swimwear with exposed zippers, buckles, rivets or metal ornamentation are not permitted on the slide.
- Sliders must go down one at a time.
- Sliders must go down the slide feet first lying on their back, ankles crossed.
- Keep arms and hands inside the flumes at all times
- Sliders must exit the slide area immediately after completion of slide.
- No horseplay in, on, or around the slide.
- Violation of any of the above rules is cause for immediate ejection from the El Cerrito Swim Center.
Emery G. Weed III Lap Pool Rules
- Swimmers must be able to swim competently for at least one lap to enter the deep end and/or use the diving boards. Lifeguards have sole discretion.
- Lap swimmers may use lap lanes during recreation swim.
- Lap Swim is designed for Adults ages 14 years and older. Swimmers ages 10 – 13 may only participate in Lap Swim at the discretion of the Senior Lifeguard on duty and must be accompanied in the water by an adult at all times.
- Swimmers stopping and/or playing in lap lanes will be asked to exit the facility.
- Non-lap swimmers are not permitted to swim across lap lanes. For more information including lap swim etiquette, see our Lap Swim page.
Diving Board Rules
- All children wishing to use the diving boards must pass a swim test.
- Only 1 person on the diving board and ladder at a time.
- No running on the diving board.
- No flips, twists, backward jumps or backward dives allowed.
- After diving, swim out toward the closest ladder.
- Divers may not adjust the fulcrum of the diving board.
- Wait until the previous diver has reached the ladder to take your turn.
- Management may eject any persons from the El Cerrito Swim Center who are violating these rules or whose conduct or condition is jeopardizing the health, safety or pleasure of others. (City Ordinance 10.60.010)