Adult Programs and services
Welcome! Bienvenue! Dobro Pozhalovat! Bienvenido!
The El Cerrito Midtown Activity Center is committed to improving the quality of life for older adults. Staff and volunteers strive to provide a variety of programs and services for the vigorous and independent person as well as the frail and vulnerable in the most integrated setting possible. We value and respect everyone’s right to age in place.
The El Cerrito Midtown Activity Center is home to a wide variety of fun programs, interesting classes, great services, and so much more! Come get to know us, meet new and old friends, and enjoy some of our exciting opportunities:
ESSENTIAL SENIOR SERVICES DURING COVID-19 SHELTER-IN-PLACE
CC Café To-Go Lunch Program (ages 60+)
Weekly meals consisting of 7 frozen or emergency meals, will be available to seniors ages 60+ years old by request and as available.
- Orders must be placed no later than 10am on the Monday prior to delivery.
- Meals will be delivered to the homes of senior participants living in El Cerrito on Tuesdays between 11:15am – 12:30pm.
- Non-El Cerrito resident senior participants must pick up their meals at the Midtown Activity Center, 10940 San Pablo Ave in El Cerrito between 11-11:30am on Tuesdays.
- To place an order for the weekly meals, call (510) 559-7677 or email email@example.com.
- To ensure your safety as well as the safety of the driver, meals will not be handed to you directly, they will be placed on your doorstep.
NOTE: Seniors new to the CC Café Lunch program will need to complete registration paperwork to receive meals. Call (510) 559-7677 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information. Registration forms can also be downloaded from our website: http://el-cerrito.org/rECsources.
Easy Ride Paratransit Service (Essential Transportation ONLY)
El Cerrito Residents ages 65+ & disabled residents 18+
Easy Ride Paratransit Service is available to El Cerrito Residents ages 65+ and residents with disabilities ages 18+ for essential transportation to medical appointments and grocery store trips within El Cerrito boundaries.
- Rides are limited to M/W/F between 12:30-2:30pm.
- Grocery shopping trips during reserved senior shopping times will take place Tuesday mornings between 7:30am-10am.
- All trips require advance reservation. Registration in the Easy Ride Paratransit program is required.
Note: To schedule an Easy Ride Paratransit Essential Transportation trip or register for the program, call (510) 559-7677 or email email@example.com. Voicemail messages will be returned M-F between the hours of 10am-2pm. Leave a detailed message your name, phone number and requested trip date and location.
Meals on Wheels (ages 60+)
Home delivered meals for Seniors 60+ may be available through the Meals on Wheels home delivered meals program (subject to availability). Call (510) 412-0166 for more information.
New Mapping Tool Locates Free/Low-Cost Food Sites
Easily find food bank, school meal, senior center food distribution sites. As the economic toll of COVID-19 hits our communities hard, hunger is a growing concern. Fortunately, free and low-cost food providers are ramping up their service, and doing this in a way that maintains social distancing.
To help you find food, Contra Costa County has a new GIS (global information system) mapping tool. It can be used on any mobile device, just like searching for the nearest gas station or cafe on your phone.
Contra Costa County COVID-19 Food Distribution Map url: https://cccgis.link/Food
The tool, developed by Contra Costa County’s IT Department, incorporates data from the Food Bank of Contra Costa and Solano, school districts, senior centers, and other food organizations. It was developed in partnership with 211 Contra Costa, the crisis center.
Please distribute this map url widely! This is a community tool, and will be continually updated. For additions or corrections to the map, please email Dawn Hartley with the County’s GIS team, or Kate Rauch, in John Gioia’s office.
Thank you for all your prevention efforts. Stay home and mask your face if you must go out.
- County Health Services COVID-19 page
- County Health Services COVID-19 Call Center: 844-729-8410
- State of California COVID-19 page
- Centers for Disease Control (CDC)
Don’t hesitate to call or email John Gioia’s office for assistance. 510-231-8686