Adult & Senior Programs
December 13 @ 9am Residents
December 14 @ 9am Non-Residents
Registration OPen for all senior & Adult classes and programs
Register online at WWW.EL-CERRITO.ORG/ONLINEREG
All of us from the City of El Cerrito Recreation Department hope you are doing well as we move through these unprecedented times. The El Cerrito Recreation Department will continue to follow current State and County guidance for COVID-19. Current Protocols Include:
- Individuals who test positive for COVID-19 stay home for at least 5 days after start of symptoms or after date of positive test if no symptoms. Isolation can end after Day 5 if symptoms are not present AND a test on Day 5 or later is negative. If unable or choosing not to test, or testing positive on Day 5 or later, isolation can end after Day 10.
- Individuals exposed to COVID-19 who remain asymptomatic may attend programs if masked. Masks must be worn for 10 days from exposure date.
- Class/Program Instructors may decide whether or not to require masks to be worn indoors.
- If you are not feeling well, or begin to experience any COVID-19 symptoms, please stay home.
Digital COVID-19 Vaccination Record
Visit myvaccinerecord.cdph.ca.gov to receive a digital copy of your vaccination record that can be downloaded on to your smartphone.
Senior Nutrition Programs
Cafe Costa Senior Nutrition Program: Beginning on Tuesday, October 4, 2022, the El Cerrito Senior Nutrition Program, Cafe Costa, will offer in-person lunches on Tuesdays and Wednesdays at the El Cerrito Community Center located at 7007 Moeser Lane.
- Cafe Costa is a lunch program for seniors 60 years and older.
- Doors will open at 11:30am for check-in and lunch is served at 12:00pm.
- Participants may stay and socialize with friends until 1:30pm.
- Participants must register with the program and make reservations for dates they wish to attend.
- Reservations must be made no later than 12pm the day prior (24-hours in advance). Reservations can be made by calling (510) 559-7000 or emailing email@example.com .
- There is a suggested donation of $3 per meal.
- If you would like a vegetarian option, you must request it at time of reservation.
- If you are 60 years or older and live in El Cerrito, you are eligible to receive FREE Easy Ride Senior & Disabled Transportation to and from the lunch program. Enrollment in the Easy Ride Program, and proof of eligibility required
Frozen Take-Away Meal update: The frozen take-away meal program that was put in place during COVID-19, will end December 21, 2022 due to a lack of funding for the County program. The last home delivery of frozen take-away meals is Wednesday, September 28, 2022. Beginning on Wednesday, October 5, 2022, frozen take-away meals will need to be picked up at the El Cerrito Community Center, 7007 Moeser Lane between 10:30am-11:00am.
- To receive weekly frozen take-away meals, you must make a reservation no later than 12pm the day prior (24-hours in advance). Reservations can be made by calling (510) 559-7000 or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Meals must be picked up at the El Cerrito Community Center, 7007 Moeser Lane on Wednesdays between 10:30am-11:00am. Meals will no longer be delivered to participants homes after September 28, 2022.
- Between October 5 and December 21, 2022, participants are permitted to enjoy an in-person meal on Wednesdays and pick up 5 frozen take-away meals. Unfortunately, funding for the take-away meal program ends in December 2022.
- Frozen take-away meals will be packaged in the home-delivered format, which includes a 3-compartment tray for the frozen entree and side dishes as well as a bread/crackers, milk/calcium fortified drinks, and fruit items.
If you are interested in the Cafe Costa Senior Meal Program, you must complete Contra Costa County Health Services forms to enroll. Registration forms can be downloaded HERE or emailed to you or delivered to your home (El Cerrito Residents only). Call (510) 559-7000 or email email@example.com to request forms or for more information.
Meals on Wheels: Meals on Wheels delivers meals and provides safety-checks for seniors (60 years or older) who are home bound, no longer driving, unable to prepare food themselves, and do not have a caregiver who prepares meals. Meals are provided based on need, not on income. Meals on Wheels, West Contra Costa Region is accepting new clients who are age 60 and older. Meals are delivered in Crockett, El Cerrito, El Sobrante, Hercules, Kensington, North Richmond, Pinole, Point Richmond, Port Costa, Richmond, Rodeo, and San Pablo. Volunteers deliver meals using County Health Services recommendations for social distancing. You may qualify for Meals on Wheels Home Delivered Meals if you are:
- 60 years or older
- Unable to prepare food yourself
- Not currently driving
- Have a disability
- A spouse of an eligible participant
To apply or refer someone for the program, find our about volunteer opportunities or to get more information, call (510) 412-0166, email firstname.lastname@example.org, or visit the West Contra Costa County Meals on Wheels website.
Meals on Wheels
West Contra Costa Region
2301 Rumrill Blvd, San Pablo, CA 94806
Easy Ride Paratransit Senior & Disabled Transportation service (age 65+)
The City of El Cerrito Easy Ride Paratransit Senior & Disabled Transportation Service is available for essential transportation. All trips require advance reservation. Registration for our Easy Ride Para-Transit program is required. Registration in the program must be renewed annually.
Call (510) 559-7000 or email email@example.com to reserve your ride, for more information, to request an application, or to see if you qualify for these services.
Are you an El Cerrito Resident living within 94530? If so, register today if you are 65 years or older or are a person age 18 or over with disabilities.
Cost is $2 per trip. Accepted forms of payment include check made out to "City of El Cerrito" or cash.
Benefits of our low-cost service:
- Friendly Staff
- Low-cost fare compared to local agencies.
- Efficient and convenient for local appointments.
- Less wait time versus using public transportation.
Applications require a government issued photo I.D. or a photo I.D. with utility bill to verify residency. If applicant is 18 and older but under 65 years old, it is required to submit a doctor's note verifying medical disability. Please attach supporting documentation with your transportation application and return to our offices, El Cerrito Community Center, 7007 Moeser Lane, El Cerrito, CA 94530 Attn: Easy Ride Transportation. Any questions or concerns, please contact our office at (510) 559-7000 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Easy Ride door-to-door shuttle is a shared-ride van service for seniors (65 and over) and persons 18 and over with a disability who are El Cerrito Residents 94530. The door-to-door shuttle is funded by Measure J Sales Tax.
The door-to-door shuttle offers rides to medical appointments, local grocery stores, shopping centers, religious services, and visiting friends for only $2. Our service area spans El Cerrito city limits.
Please call (510) 559-7000 or email email@example.com for dates and times.
*Please be advised that in some cases, reservations are based on driver's availability and social activities that may impact transportation.
Scheduling a Reservation
- Reservations can be made one day in advance up to two weeks in advance.
- $2 per ride
- Payment is required at the time of pickup.
- Easy Ride Shuttle ticket books are available for purchase for $20 (10 tickets per book)
- Tickets may be purchased via cash, check or money order made out to "City of El Cerrito"
Mask Policy: Masks are required for everyone using Easy Ride Transportation regardless of vaccination status.
For updates on the City and County's response to COVID-19, please visit the links below:
To help you find food, Contra Costa County has a new GIS (global information system) mapping tool. It can be used on any mobile device, just like searching for the nearest gas station or cafe on your phone.
The tool, developed by Contra Costa County’s IT Department, incorporates data from the Food Bank of Contra Costa and Solano, school districts, senior centers, and other food organizations. It was developed in partnership with 211 Contra Costa, the crisis center.
Please distribute this map url widely! This is a community tool, and will be continually updated. For additions or corrections to the map, please email Dawn Hartley with the County’s GIS team, or Kate Rauch, in John Gioia’s office.
7007 Moeser Lane
El Cerrito, CA 94530