The City of El Cerrito Conflict of Interest Code
Adopted by the El Cerrito City Council - Resolution No. 2016-77
Effective: October 18, 2016
Commonly Asked Questions:
The California Political Reform Act, (Gov. Code Sections 81000-91014) requires many local public officials and employees to file public, personal financial disclosure reports known as Statements of Economic Interests - FPPC Form 700.
Under the Act, cities are required to adopt and implement a separate Conflict of Interest Code. Designated Employees, Commissioners, and Elected Officials must file Statements of Economic Interests. The designated filers and the types of economic interests they must disclose are listed in the City of El Cerrito’s Conflict of Interest Code.
The City Clerk, as Filing Officer, administers the Conflict of Interest Code at the local level and notifies elected officials and each designated employee and commissioner of his or her filing obligation. Officials designated in the Conflict of Interest Code are required to file an Assuming Office Statement when they assume a designated position, an Annual Statement each year and a Leaving Office Statement within thirty days of resignation or termination. Additionally, candidates for elected office are required to file a Candidate Statement. Each type of statement has a specified "reporting period." Filers must sign the Form 700 under penalty of perjury. Once filed, the form is a public document and must be made available to the public upon request.
The City Council Members are elected officers identified in Government Code Section 87200 and file statements of economic interests with the City Clerk's office. Original statements of economic interests filed by the above elected officers may be obtained by visiting the offices of the Fair Political Practices Commission (FPPC) or the City Clerk. The physical address of the FPPC is 428 J Street, Suite 620, Sacramento, California 95814. The physical address of the City Clerk's office is 10890 San Pablo Avenue, El Cerrito, California 94530. The statements of economic interest for some state and local government agency elected officers may be available in electronic format on the FPCC's website at http://www.fppc.ca.gov/.
Conflict of Interest Resources:
- City of El Cerrito Conflict of Interest Code
- 2016/17 Statement of Economic Interests - FPPC Form 700
- Text-Only Form 700 for Screen Readers
- 2016/17 Amendment Schedules
- FPPC Form 700 Reference Pamphlet
- FPPC Form 700 Disclosure FAQs
- Limitations and Restrictions on Gifts, Honoraria, Travel and Loans
- Conflicts of Interest Rules
- Pay-to-Play Contribution Restrictions
- California Fair Political Practices Commission
- Commonly Asked Questions
- California Attorney General’s Pamphlet on Conflict of Interest Law
- Public Official Appointments - FPPC Form 806
- City of El Cerrito Ticket Policy - Resolution 2012-84