FY 2020-2021 BUDGET Process
WHAT IS A BUDGET?
A city budget is a planning tool that matches the services desired by the community to the estimated resources available to provide those services, such as police, fire, recreation, community development, public works, and administrative services. El Cerrito’s budget provides a detailed plan for the next fiscal year, as well as forecasts to anticipate future needs and opportunities.
CITY COUNCIL BUDGET MEETINGS (see Budget Updates)
Date: SPresentation here
The public is always welcome to virtually attend Council meetings. A running list of Council budget actions and other updates is shown at the right.
PROPOSED FY 2020-2021 BUDGET
You can view an electronic version of the FY 2020-2021 Amended Budget Book on the menu to the left under "Important Budget Process Documents."
ROLE OF THE Financial Advisory Board
The Financial Advisory Board ("FAB") is a group of residents appointed to review the proposed annual (or biennial) budget and long-term financial plan for the City, in order to assist the City Council in making decisions on major expenditures and revenue sources. The FAB meets monthly and the public is welcome to attend.
Budget Updates to the city council
- October 6, 2020 City Manager Amended Budget Report
- September 15, 2020 City Manager Amended Budget Presentation
- September 1, 2020 City Manager Budget Presentation
- August 1, 2020 City Manager Presentation at Budget Town Hall
- June 9, 2020 City Council Budget Study Session
- May 19, 2020 Fiscal Response Plan Presentation
- May 5, 2020 Budget Update to City Council - Supplemental
- May 5, 2020 Budget Update to City Council
- April 21, 2020 Auditor Presentation to City Council
- April 7, 2020 Budget Update to City Council
Important budget process documents
The budget represents staff’s best efforts to provide the programs and services consistent with the City’s Strategic Plan and other input received from our community and the City Council. Read on...
The El Cerrito City Council will conduct a study session on the City's City’s General Fund Budget reductions and the fiscal impacts of COVID-19 at the Tuesday, April 7 City Council meeting. Read on...