In 2018, the City of El Cerrito - Community Development and Public Works Departments - undertook parking and access studies in the Del Norte and Plaza Station areas. The focus areas included parking patterns, design, access and mobility improvements on San Pablo Avenue as well as adjacent commercial areas that will increase safety, accessibility and connectivity among pedestrians, bicyclists, vehicles and transit that supports all users. The City is currently working to move forward many of the parking and transportation components of the San Pablo Avenue Specific Plan through the On-Street Parking Studies and Complete Streets Project. More background about this effort can be accessed below.
EL CERRITO PARKING STUDIES and plans
2021: El Cerrito Plaza On-Street Parking Study - ARUP/BART (see Appendix here)
2016: El Cerrito Active Transportation Plan
2011: On-Street Parking Study - CHS Consulting Group
background: PREVIOUS meetings (2018-2019)
On-Street Parking Study
- Existing on-street parking conditions and opportunities as they aﬀect you and your neighborhood.
- Learn about the results from our on-street data collection analysis and provide input on parking concerns.
- Help develop future parking strategy recommendations.
We are beginning detailed design of access and mobility improvements on San Pablo Avenue between Lincoln and Potrero Avenues, and invite you to learn about our preliminary concepts, including:
- Safety improvements for people walking, such as flashing beacons to attract attention to people crossing and curb bulbs to reduce crossing distances.
- Buffered bike lanes, which will improve safety for people biking by creating more predictable interactions between people driving and biking.
- Bus bulbs to improve the comfort of people waiting for the bus and improve transit speed and reliability by allowing buses to stop in the travel lane.
To learn more about Complete Streets, click here.
Business owners meetings
- Downtown - September 13, 2018 between 4PM - 5:30PM at Nong Thon Restaurant, 10086 San Pablo Avenue (presentation )
- Uptown - September 19, 2018 between 4PM - 5:30PM at Del Norte Place, 11720 San Pablo Avenue, Ste. D (presentation here)
The Complete Streets presentation is available and the Fact Sheet can be viewed here.
meeting for Residential parking permit holders
- September 20, 2018 between 7PM - 8:30PM at City Hall, Council Chambers (presentation here)
Please join us to discuss On-Street Parking Study, recommendations and Complete Streets on:
- October 11, 2018 between 7PM - 8:30PM at City Hall, Council Chambers (see meeting flyer here)
On-Street Parking Study
The Parking Study presentation is available here.
For more information, please download the documents below.
CITY COUNCIL PRESENTATION
WANT TO LEARN MORE ABOUT the SAN PABLO AVENUE SPECIFIC plan?
Please visit the website here.
To view the development map, click here.
Questions or comments?