Courts & Play Fields
Tennis & Pickleball Courts
Courts are located at Arlington, Canyon Trail, Castro, Harding, Tassajara and Cerrito Vista parks. The courts at Cerrito Vista are the only courts with lights for use from sundown to 9:00pm. The courts at Castro Park are additionally lined for Pickleball.
Each court at each park is available for reservation between 8am and sundown. Players with a reservation receive priority, and players without a reservation must relinquish the courts to those with a reservation. Court reservations are issued by the City of El Cerrito Recreation Department by going online to www.el-cerrito.org/onlinereg. For help making online reservations, click here.
Reservations are accepted online only (please do not email requests). At the time of booking, a reservation receipt will be issued. Please bring reservation receipt with you as proof of priority use of the courts. Proceeds from this program help to maintain the courts. No refund or transfer requests will be processed by the Recreation Office with the exception of cancellations due to rain-outs. Rain-out cancellation requests must be made within 24 hours of the reserved time via email to email@example.com. Effective July 2021, a light surcharge will be added to reservations at Cerrito Vista courts during hours where the court lights are on.
|Court Reservation Fee||$10/hr||$12/hr||$17/hr|
|Instructor Permit Cost||$28/year (July1-June30)||$28/year (July1-June30)|
|Light Surcharge (Cerrito Vista)||+$4||+$4||+$4|
*Tennis Instructors must reserve tennis courts if charging students for private/group lessons. Instructors must obtain a City of El Cerrito business license, Tennis Instructor Permit, and be a USTA or USPTR teaching professional. For more information on obtaining a Tennis Instructor Permit, click here.
Grass Play Fields (primarily for soccer, baseball and/or softball) are located at Canyon Trail, Castro, Central, Cerrito Vista, Fairmont, Harding and Tassajara Parks. Organized play/events require a field reservation permit issued by the El Cerrito Recreation Department. Field reservation permits are issued by the Recreation Department. To request a field reservation application, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
|Field Reservation Fee||$31/hr||$42/hr|
|Cerrito Vista Hardball Field Reservation Fee||$43/hr||$54/hr|
Once a completed application is submitted, please allow two to three business days for review. Applicants will be notified if their request is approved or not (if not, alternate fields or times will be offered if possible). If reservation request is approved, applicant will receive a reservation permit once applicable fees are paid. Please bring permit with you as proof of priority use of the field. Those without a permit must relinquish the ENTIRE field to permit holders during their reserved times. Proceeds from this program help to maintain the fields.
All fields are subject to closure due to maintenance and/or City programming.
play fields Rain closure calendar
Subscribe to this calendar for last minute field closures due to rain or wet conditions.
Other Helpful Information
- All reservations are subject to availability. Cerrito Vista Tennis Courts is the only sports facility with lights.
- All parks are open to the public. Field and tennis court renters do not get exclusive access to the park, only to the specific court or field being reserved.
- Picnic Sites, Clubhouses and other sites are not included in Tennis Court or Field rentals and must be reserved separately.
- Nearby Picnic Areas and Clubhouses may be rented by other parties at the same time as field or tennis court rentals.
- For safety and sanitary reasons, park restrooms are kept locked. To obtain a key, visit the El Cerrito Community weekdays between 1-4pm, and pay the $23 deposit. To obtain a key during morning hours, email email@example.com to schedule and appointment. Please note park restrooms are not cleaned between each use.