The El Cerrito Swim Center is excited to offer Water Aerobics- a fun way to improve fitness while enjoying the pool. With new strategies and protocols in place to keep participants as safe as possible during the pandemic, classes will maintain focus on aerobic endurance, resistance training, and creating an enjoyable atmosphere amongst community.
Through May 16th:
|1pm - Alison||1pm - Nick||10am - Consuelo|
May 17th-May 30th:
|1pm - Nick||1pm - Nick||10am - Consuelo|
ABOUT OUR CLASSES
- Water Aerobics takes place in the Emery G. Weed III Lap Pool only.
- Water Aerobics participants can reserve a spot in class by registering in advance online (no phone, email or drop-in reservations at this time).
- An Instructor will lead the workout at each time slot.
- Participants are strongly encouraged to bring their own training equipment, such as cuffs, water belts and dumbbells. Limited equipment is available for use (not guaranteed). Staff will sanitize shared equipment after each use.
- Swimmers will enter the facility through the middle gate (not the main entrance near the office). The Water Aerobics line begins at the markers near the center of the parking lot.
- Two swimmers per lane, entering on opposite sides of the pool. Swimmers must remain on their side of the lane in their designated areas and must remain centered between the lane lines to be physically distanced from those in other lanes. Swimmers should stagger slightly to the left or right of the person immediately in front on them to increase distancing.
Water Aerobics reservations can be made online here.
|Reservation Period||Resident Registration||Non-Resident Registration|
|May 17th - 30th*||Tuesday May 11th at 9am||Wednesday May 12th at 9am|
|June 1st-11th**||Tuesday May 25th at 9am||Wednesday May 26th at 9am|
*The Swim Center will be closed May 31st
**The Swim Center Summer Schedule will begin on Saturday, June 12th. Stay tuned for details.
Information on the steps the Swim Center is taking to mitigate the spread of Coronavirus, plus information on our programs and how to reserve lanes, is available in the Policies Manual which you can read here (updated version as of 2/11/21).
High-Use Facility: This is a high-use facility with multiple programs happening at a time. During your reservation time, other programs may be occurring that have loud music or amplified sound.
Verification of Residency: Proof of household address may be requested at any time to verify residency. This may be in the form of a utility bill or rental lease.
Cancellation Policy: For Fitness, Family and Water Aerobics reservations, lanes can now be cancelled online (no in-person or over phone cancellations) up to 7pm the day before your reservation! You can reserve lanes up until midnight the day of. A 50% processing fee will be applied, the remaining 50% will be applied as a credit to your household. The Online Instructions page has been updated with instructions on how to cancel a lane reservation.
The Swim Center is CLOSED on City Holidays:
Monday, May 31, 2021