Saturday October 26th Special Hours:
Water Aerobics 8am-9am
Lap Swim 8:30am-11:30am
Splash Park 8:30am-11:30am
Pumpkin Splash 10:30am-11:30am
Please join us for our Halloween FestiFall from 12pm-5pm on Saturday October 26th!
Get in shape in our heated pool! Lap Swim is a great workout that improves cardiovascular health, tones muscle and helps maintain a healthy weight. Lanes may be assigned by speed and circle swimming may be required. Kickboards and pull buoys are available for use.
From 6pm-6:30pm only TWO lanes (lane 4 and lane 5) available for Lap Swim
*Please note the pool will remain open every Monday from 8am-9am during yard maintenance.
**Shares space with rEC Swim (Saturday and Sunday from 1pm-4pm)
Time available August 19 - October 20, 2019
Saturday October 26, 2019
Due to FestiFall, Lap Swim hours on Saturday October 26 will be 8am - 11:30am
Lap Swim Information
- One length of the pool is 25 yards. One mile is approximately 72 lengths (or 36 laps).
- Swim caps are not required but are encouraged for swimmers with long hair.
- Pull buoys and kick boards are available for use during designated Lap Swim times.
- Additional equipment such as snorkels and fins are allowed during designated Lap Swim only.
- There is a slow, medium, and fast section of the pool. If you don't know your speed, please ask the staff for assistance.
- Recreation swimming and/or playing in the water is not permitted during Lap Swim.
- Swimmers ages 10-13 will be admitted at the approval of the Senior Lifeguard/Pool Manager on duty.
- A parent or responsible adult at least 18 years of age or older must supervise children ages 10-13 in the water by swimming next to them in the same lane during the lap swim.
- Any patron complaints or staff concerns will result in younger swimmers being asked to exit the pool.
- Adult fees apply to all swimmers during Lap Swim times.
- Children ages 9 years and younger will not be permitted to swim during Lap Swim times.
Photo by Marin Stuart
Lap Swim Etiquette
To avoid conflict and make everyone's swimming experience more enjoyable, please adhere to the following Lap Swim etiquette:
- When the pool is busy, lap swim lanes will be shared.
- Lifeguards monitor the lanes and may alter the configuration at any time.
- Select a lane compatible with your preferred swimming speed.
- Please ask a lifeguard to assist you with selecting the appropriate lane.
- Lifeguards may ask you to move if your speed is not similar to those in your lane.
- Water walking lanes may be shared with tentative swimmers uncomfortable in deep water.
Entering the Water:
- It is the responsibility of the swimmer entering the water to make sure the lane is clear of any other swimmers before entering the pool.
- It is the responsibility of the swimmer entering the lane to be sure that all the other swimmers in that lane are aware of his/her presence and the necessary traffic pattern, before the newest swimmer enters the water.
- If there are swimmers approaching the wall as you are preparing to enter, wait until they have turned and started the next lap before entering the water so as not to interrupt their progress.
- Slower swimmers must yield to faster swimmers.
- Be aware of your space in the lane and orientation to others. If you are approaching the wall and another lap swimmer is gaining on you and swimming at a faster rate than you are, pause at the wall to allow the faster swimmer(s) to pass you.
- Be courteous of drafting. Provide adequate distance between you and the swimmer ahead of you.
- Swimmers are required to follow the circle swim pattern. The customary traffic pattern is to stay to the right, that is to swim in a counterclockwise circle in the lane, similar to the way cars drive on the road.
- Always swim complete laps of the pool. Avoid stopping in the middle of the lane, this can interfere with the progress of other swimmers and cause collisions.
- Stop only at the wall and stay in the corner of the lane, preferably in the right hand corner (from the perspective of the approach to the wall). Other lap swimmers need space to turn. Always leave the middle 1/3 of the wall clear for turning purposes.
- Pass on the left hand side. If you are the slower swimmer and being overtaken at the turn, stop and wait until the other swimmer has pushed off the wall.
- A pass must be initiated in time to take over the slower swimmer before the wall.
- When using kick boards, please be aware of other swimmers in your lane and their needs to pass.
Water Aerobics is a drop-in, co-ed, instructor lead exercise class using water as resistance which minimizes stress on joints. Independent Exercise is offered during the same times when no instructor is available to teach Water Aerobics. Water Aerobics Instructors are listed below, but please check with the front window for the most up-to-date schedule.
Please note entrance to water aerobics is only allowed within 10 minutes of start time. If this is your first time taking our class, welcome, and please arrive 10 minutes early to speak to instructor about equipment and other needs.
Photo by Marin Stuart
Water Aerobics/Independent Exercise Dates/Times
|Sunday 10/6||Monday 10/7||Tuesday 10/8||Wednesday 10/9||Thursday 10/10||Friday 10/11||Saturday 10/12|
|Sunday 10/13||Monday 10/14||Tuesday 10/15||Wednesday 10/16||Thursday 10/17||Friday 10/18||Saturday 10/19|
Water Walking is a low-impact exercise taking place in shallow water. This non-lap swim independent exercise is great for all swimming abilities.
Fall Water Walking Dates/Times
Times available August 19 - October 20, 2019
Lap Swim | Water Walking | Independent Exercise
Drop In: $7
$49 Resident/$61 Non-Resident
$39 Senior Resident/$49 Senior Non-Resident
30 Day Pass
$88 Resident/$110 Non-Resident
$70 Senior Resident/$88 Senior Non-Resident
90 Day Pass
$246 Resident/$312 Non-Resident
$197 Senior Resident/$250 Senior Non-Resident
Drop In: $10
$31 Resident/$38 Non-Resident
$25 Senior Resident/$30 Senior Non-Resident
$17 Resident/$88 Non-Resident
$57 Senior Resident/$70 Senior Non-Resident
$95 Resident/$119 Non-Resident
$76 Senior Resident/$95 Senior Non-Resident