FY 2021-2022 BUDGET Process
WHAT IS A BUDGET?
A city budget is a planning tool that matches the services desired by the community to the estimated resources available to provide those services, such as police, fire, recreation, community development, public works, and administrative services. El Cerrito’s budget provides a detailed plan for the next fiscal year, as well as forecasts to anticipate future needs and opportunities.
FY 2021-2022 PROPOSED BUDGET Book - published May 27, 2021Click here to access the FY 2021-2022 Proposed Budget Book. The City Council will be holding public hearings on the proposed budget at the June 1 and June 15, 2021 City Councilmeetings.
May 8, 2021
COMMUNITY BUDGET WORKSHOP
Budget town hall
April 10, 2021
The City of El Cerrito provides valuable information to the community in order to enhance knowledge and increase transparency. The Financial Transparency Site is one way in which we intend to meet this goal.
Finance Department is to manage, support, and facilitate quality customer support, financial planning and analysis, budgeting, financial reporting, and the audit of the City of El Cerrito and to enhance the delivery of financial information to the organization and to the community.
Click here for information on the report issued by the California State Auditor on the City's financial condition as well as the City's response and next steps.
Amended FY 2020-2021 BUDGET
The FY 2020-2021 Amended Budget Book was approved during October 6, 2020 City Council meeting. The City Council continues to review the budget during each City Council meeting.
Tue, Aug 17
Tue, Sep 7
Tue, Sep 21
ROLE OF THE Financial Advisory Board
The Financial Advisory Board ("FAB") is a group of residents appointed to review the proposed annual (or biennial) budget and long-term financial plan for the City, in order to assist the City Council in making decisions on major expenditures and revenue sources. The FAB meets monthly and the public is welcome to attend.
6.8.2021 Financial Advisory Board Meeting – Review the draft Proposed FY 2021-22 Budget document Video
5.11.2021 Financial Advisory Board Meeting – FY 2021-22 Draft General Fund Preliminary Budget Update, City of El Cerrito Comprehensive Financial Policy, Investment Policy Video
2021 Financial updates to the City Council
- 6.22.2021 Approval of the City’s Fiscal Year 2021-22 Proposed Budget and Spending Authority by Fund for the City, Employee Pension Board and...
- 6.15.2021 Approval of the City’s Fiscal Year 2021-22 Proposed Budget and Spending Authority by Fund for the City, Employee Pension Board and...
- 6.1.2021 Revision to Master Fee Schedule + TRAN + April Budget Update for Fiscal Year 2021-22
- FY21-22 Draft Budget Book
- 5.18.2021 Fiscal Year 2021-2022 Budget Study Session Presentation
- 5.8.2021 Community Workshop Visual Transcription
- 5.8.2021 Community Budget Workshop PowerPoint
- 5.4.2021 FY 2020-21 General Fund Budget Update for March 2021
- 4.20.2021 FY 2020-21 Third Quarter Cash and Investment Report
- 4.20.2021 Review of California State Auditor Report and Draft Corrective Action Plan
- 4.10.2021 Budget Town Hall Presentation
- 4.6.2021 FY 2020-21 General Fund Budget Update for February 2021
- 3.16.2021 Five Year Financial Forecast Presentation
- 3.16.2021 General Fund Long Term Financial Forecast and Budget Study Session
- 3.2.2021 FY 2020-21 General Fund Budget Update for January 2021
- 3.2.2021 City of El Cerrito CalPERS Retirement Plan Presentation
- 2.16.2021 FY 2020-21 Mid-Year Budget Update
- 2.16.2021 FY2019-20 Comprehensive Annual Financial Report (CAFR) Presentation
- 2.16.2021 Transmittal of the Comprehensive Annual Financial Report (CAFR) for the year ending June 30, 2020
- 2.2.2021 FY 2020-21 General Fund Budget Update for December 2020
- 1.19.2021 FY 2020-21 Second Quarter Cash and Investment Report
- 1.19.2021 REDEVELOPMENT AGENCY SUCCESSOR AGENCY ITEM Approve Draft Annual Recognized Obligations Payment Schedule July 1 2021 to June 30 2022
- 12.15.2020 FY 2020-21 General Fund Budget Update for November 2020
- 11.17.2020 FY 2020-21 General Fund Budget Update for October 2020
- 10.20.2020 FY 2020-21 General Fund Budget Update for July through September 2020
- 10.20,.2020 FY 2020-21 First Quarter Cash and Investment Report
- October 6, 2020 Amended FY 2020-2021 Budget (to be approved)