Housing Programs Overview
The mission of the Housing Program is to foster the creation of high-quality affordable housing at all income levels and for a variety of needs. The Housing staff administers housing policy and programs, and offers information about affordable housing opportunities in the City of El Cerrito.
- View the list of affordable housing in El Cerrito.
- Learn more about new affordable housing opportunities being created in El Cerrito.
- Learn about the Housing Element update (for 2015 to 2023)
- Learn more about the City's Affordable Housing Strategy that was adopted by City Council on August 15, 2017.
Learn more about community housing resources:
- Look up resources for finding affordable housing in El Cerrito.
- Find help with housing issues such as foreclosure or tenant/landlord counseling.
- Find housing-related City documents.
- Contact us with another housing-related question
Affordable HOUSING NEWS
On May 15, City Council will hold a second reading for an Inclusionary Zoning Ordinance. If adopted, the Ordinance will become effective in 30 days and apply to new development that doesn't already have completed applications by the effective date and will require new market-rate residential projects to set aside between 10% - 12% of its units for low to moderate-income households or the option of paying an in-lieu fee to the City’s Affordable Housing Trust Fund. In-lieu fees are earmarked for future affordable housing development opportunities. Please contact Aissia Ashoori, Affordable Housing Analyst, at 510.215.4361 for more information.