The mission of the Housing Program is to foster the creation of high-quality affordable housing at all income levels and for a variety of needs. The Housing staff administers housing policy and programs, and offers information about affordable housing opportunities in the City of El Cerrito.
- View the list of affordable housing in El Cerrito.
- Learn more about new affordable housing opportunities being created in El Cerrito.
- Learn about the Housing Element update (for 2015 to 2023)
Learn more about community housing resources:
- Look up resources for finding affordable housing in El Cerrito.
- Find help with housing issues such as foreclosure or tenant/landlord counseling.
- Find housing-related City documents.
- Contact us with another housing-related question
Affordable HOUSING NEWS
CA COVID‐19 Rent Relief Available to Income Eligible Households
- Community Housing Development Corporation of North Richmond: (510) 215-2515
- Northern California Land Trust: (510) 548-7878
- Richmond Neighborhood Housing Services, Inc.: (510) 334-7750
- SHELTER, Inc.: (925) 349-0571
Events: Workshops and Webinars
ECHO Housing is hosting a series of two workshops that will help you determine if you are ready for homeownership. Learn how to create a budget, repair credit, and become a successful homeowner. This is a virtual event and registration is available here or by visiting www.echofairhousing.org.
AFFORDABLE HOUSING WAITLIST OPPORTUNITIES
TENANT PROTECTIONS: CLICK HERE TO READ MORE
The Contra Costa Housing Services Collaborative offers comprehensive housing services, including tenant/landlord counseling as well as fair housing to County residents at no cost. For legal consultation or representation, please contact Centro Legal at CCTR@centrolegal.org or 510-437-1554.
Developer Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)