- Your Government
- City Departments
- Community Development Department
- Affordable Housing
- Affordable Housing Resources
SEARCHING FOR AFFORDABLE RENTAL HOUSINGPlease review East Bay Housing Organizations (EBHO) Steps To Find Affordable Housing, available in English, Spanish or Chinese, for more information.
If you need support searching for housing or one-on-one assistance, please speak with a HUD Certified Housing Counseling Agency. Please click here or dial 800-569-4287 to locate a housing counseling agency in your area.
The Housing Division maintains a list of existing affordable housing units in the City of El Cerrito. See the list of affordable rental housing in El Cerrito. Read Steps to Find Affordable Housing to learn more about how to apply for affordable housing units. Please contact the property you are interested in to find out how to apply and/or be placed on the property wait list.
Affordable Rental Housing in El Cerrito
AB987 Summary DocumentState of California Assembly Bill (AB) 987, which became effective January 1, 2008, requires all redevelopment agencies to maintain a database of all affordable units receiving Housing Fund investments after that date.
In addition, AB 987 stipulates that all redevelopment agencies create a document containing all properties that have received Low and Moderate Income Housing Funds, and have active affordability restrictions. This document is available to the public and will be updated annually. Click here to review the document.
Community Housing ResourcesPlease visit the links below to find additional resources for housing and other services in Contra Costa County:
- Affordable housing in Contra Costa County
- California Tenants: A Guide to Residential Tenants' and Landlords" Rights and Responsibilities
- Contra Costa Housing Services Collaborative (fair housing and legal services providers)
- Contra Costa Crisis Center
- Contra Costa County Affordable Rental Units
- Contra Costa County Help in Hard Times
- Contra Costa County Home Match Program
- Contra Costa County Neighborhood Preservation Program (NPP)
- Contra Costa County Superior Court Self Help Center
- Contra Costa Senior Legal Services
- County and State homebuyer assistance programs
- District 1 Supervisor John Gioia's Office
- EBMUD’s Customer Assistance Program (CAP)
- Emergency Housing, Health & Social Services (Contra Costa 211)
- Foreclosure Prevention Assistance
- Section 8 Housing/ Contra Costa Housing Authority
- West Contra Costa County Resource Guide