Affordable Rental Housing in El Cerrito
The Housing Division maintains a list of existing affordable housing units in the City of El Cerrito. See the list of affordable rental housing in El Cerrito. Read Steps to Find Affordable Housing to learn more about how to apply for affordable housing units. Please contact the property you are interested in to find out how to apply and/or be placed on the property wait list.
AB987 Summary Document
State of California Assembly Bill (AB) 987, which became effective January 1, 2008, requires all redevelopment agencies to maintain a database of all affordable units receiving Housing Fund investments after that date.
In addition, AB 987 stipulates that all redevelopment agencies create a document containing all properties that have received Low and Moderate Income Housing Funds, and have active affordability restrictions. This document is available to the public and will be updated annually. Click here to review the document.
Community Housing Resources
Please visit the links below to find additional resources for housing and other services in Contra Costa County:
- Learn more about Steps to Find Affordable Housing
- Affordable housing in Contra Costa County
- Contra Costa County Affordable Rental Units
- County and State homebuyer assistance programs
- District 1 Supervisor John Gioia's Office
- Emergency Housing, Health & Social Services (Contra Costa 211)
- Foreclosure Prevention Assistance
- Section 8 Housing/ Contra Costa Housing Authority
- Richmond Housing Authority
- Contra Costa Crisis Center
Looking for Information on the Housing Element Update?
Learn about the Housing Element update (for 2015 to 2023)