RESERVING TENNIS COURTS WITH THE RECREATION DEPARTMENT
Tennis Permits and Court Reservations Permits are issued by the City of El Cerrito Recreation Department at the Community Center, or by purchasing online. You must purchase a permit in order to reserve tennis courts.
A permit is not required to join the El Cerrito Tennis Club or participate in Club tournaments, but is required for other Club activities, i.e. round robins and Club sponsored teams.
1. Players with permit reservations have priority at all times.
2. A City issued permit for all players playing on a reserved court is required in order to reserve that tennis court.
3. Players without a tennis permit must relinquish the courts to players with a tennis permit at all times.
4. Youths under 18 years of age do not need to relinquish a court if playing with a permit holder.
5. Tennis permits may be purchased at the Community Center on an annual (January through December) or on a monthly basis.
Permit Cost:Adult Resident $89.00 per year
Adult Non-Resident $100.00 per year
Youth Resident $34.00 per year
Youth Non-Resident $43.00 per year
$16.00 Adult Resident $19.00 Adult Non - Resident
$8.00 Youth Resident $10.00 Youth Non - Resident
$110.00 per year (July through June); $20.00 monthly
Proceeds from this program help to resurface and maintain our tennis courts. The permit year is January though December.
Tennis Court Reservations:Resident $7.25 per hour
Non-Resident $8.25 per hour
Instructors $12.50 per hour
ECHS Surcharge $2.00
Tennis Fees Are Subject To Change, July 1, 2017.
Note: There are no refunds for cancellations or times not used. Tennis Instructors must reserve tennis courts if charging students for private/group lessons. Instructors must obtain a City of El Cerrito business license and be a USTA or USPTR teaching professional.
For more information, please call (510) 559-7004 or email the Recreation Department.